Terms of Service
- The Yokohama Museum of Art "Collection Search"
- Rights of third parties
- Images of works
- Text data
- Recommended viewing environment
- Inquiries about this site
1. The Yokohama Museum of Art "Collection Search"
The Yokohama Museum of Art “Collection Search” (https://inventory.yokohama.art.museum/eng/) (herein known as “this site”) is managed and operated by the Yokohama Museum of Art (herein known as “the museum”) for the purpose of providing information on the works and reference materials held in the museum’s collection. By viewing or using this site you agree to these Terms of Service.
- * Information will be added and updated on this site over time as it becomes available through further compilation, investigation and research.
- * Circumstances prevent the public display of some works and reference materials, including deposited works.
2. Rights of third parties
Some content may be copyrighted by, or subject to other rights (e.g. portrait rights, publicity rights, etc.) that are owned by, a third party (someone other than the museum). It is the responsibility of the user to obtain any necessary permissions from third parties for the use of such content.
Even where the content is copyrighted by a third party, there may be some cases where it may be used without the copyright holder’s permission, such as in citations or in private use as permitted under the Copyright Law of Japan.
3. Images of works
Based on Article 47 of the Copyright Law of Japan (as revised January 1, 2019), and based on “Guidelines on Article 47 of the Copyright Law Concerning Reproductions Accompanying Exhibition of Artworks, etc.” published by six copyright management organizations and museum-related organizations (Japan Artists Association, Inc., Japan Art Copyright Association, Japan Photographic Copyright Association, Japanese Association of Museums, The Japanese Council of Art Museums, Japan Book Publishers Association), and based on “Guidelines for Article 47 of Law No. 30 of 2018 (partial amendment of copyright law)” published by Japanese Society for Protecting Artists’ Rights, this site displays thumbnail-size (32,400 pixels or less) images of works regardless of whether the copyright is protected or not. In addition, for works whose copyright protection period has expired or whose copyright holder’s permission has been obtained, enlarged images are also available. Images of works will be added and updated over time as they are prepared or as the relevant copyright protection period allows.
- * Circumstances prevent the display of images of some works, for example deposited works and works where there may be a conflict with portrait rights or other rights besides copyright.
- * Unauthorized reproduction or reprinting of the images of works displayed on this site is not permitted. If you wish to use the images for academic research or educational purposes, or to publish the images in publications, regardless of whether that use is commercial or not, please contact the museum (attention: “Collection Search” Manager), which is the manager of the image data.
- * To raise any other issues or concerns with regards to the display of work images on this site, please contact the museum (attention:“Collection Search” Manager).
4. Text data
Work descriptions may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes, but the source must be cited and the text must not be modified.
- *These requirements are in accordance with the Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).
Text data other than work descriptions are published as Linked Open Data (LOD) and may be used freely for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- * These requirements are in accordance with the Creative Commons License (CC BY 4.0).
In principle, users are free to link to this site. It is not necessary to contact the museum when linking, but please clearly indicate that this site is the link destination.
Please note that the information displayed on this site may be added to or updated from time to time.
6. Recommended viewing environment
The following browsers are recommended for viewing this site:
- ・Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- ・Google Chrome (latest version)
- ・Firefox (latest version)
- ・Safari (latest version)
It is recommended that settings are adjusted to enable the following:
(1) Basic concept
(2) Scope of personal information collection and data protection
2. Google Analytics
If you wish to disable the collection and processing of data by Google Analytics, please refer to the opt-out extension function site below.
(3) Social networking service (SNS) buttons
(4) Scope of application
- ・Information will be added and updated on this site over time as it becomes available through further compilation, investigation and research.
- ・The museum is not responsible for any troubles that occur between users and third parties when using this site.
- ・The contents of third-party websites linking from or to this site are managed by their respective website operators, and the museum takes no responsibility for the content on, or damages resulting from the use of, those websites. In addition, a link from this site to a third party’s website does not mean that there is a special relationship such as a tie-up between the museum and the operator of the website in question.
9. Inquiries about this site
Yokohama Museum of Art
TEL: +81-(0)45-221-0300 (10:00-18:00 on weekdays, except year-end and New Year holidays)